Protecting Your Privacy
At FOUTONE, we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security. We totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
We use your information in a number of different ways, what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your Personal Details, such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, social media handle, screen name and phone number.
Your payment information
This means your chosen payment method, for example your card details (don’t worry we don’t keep the security code)
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us – for example, by email, on instant chat, on Social Media, or in private message. If you contact us by phone we record calls to our customer care center, too.
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought in the past, what you’ve searched for – including using our Style Match feature – what you’ve saved or added to a board for another time, and when you have asked us to tell you that something is back in stock.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information collected when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type, how you use our website and app (such as the pages you visit and the products you look at) and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data.
Information from Social Media or accounts you link to us
What we do if you link your Social Media or your third-party accounts to us. We will keep a record of your Social Media handle, and the other information that is made available to us according to your Social Media account settings.
If you post comments about FOUTONE, tag FOUTONE or post photos to our Social Media pages
Other identifiable information
Proof of your identity.
You don’t have to give us all of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services.
Fraud prevention and detection
We use any of the above categories of information to identify, prevent and detect fraud, against either you or against FOUTONE. Detecting and preventing fraud is an unfortunate, but an absolutely essential part of our service and our contract commitment to you. Legally, we have to do this, and it is very important for us.
We also use Purchase history data, to protect our service and uphold our Terms of Service as part of our contract commitment to you, as part of this we may make use of computer-system decisions to protect FOUTONE and our Service. Your rights in relation to this are detailed below.
Personalizing your FOUTONE experience
We use the data we collect to help us provide you with the best service, the best shopping experience and to show you the latest and greatest products and services that we think you will love.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers , such as website hosts, who help us run our business
- Affiliates who help us reach out to potential new customers or promote our products on their websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You may choose to take advantage of some of our additional services, in which case, depending on your choices we may share your data with the following categories of companies to fulfil the services you have asked for:
- Social Media sites (for example if you choose to link your accounts to us) and other companies approved by you
- Other third party payment providers, when you choose to use their payment services
If you would like to know more about the 3rd parties we may share personal data with, or how to find out more on how they will use your data, please contact us at the details below.
We may also provide third parties with aggregated and anonymized information and analytics about our customers. Before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products and services.
How to stop marketing messages from FOUTONE.com
You can control the marketing communications you receive from us through the Contact Preferences section of your FOUTONE account. You also have the following options:
Emails : You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email you receive, and this will take you to the Contact Preferences section of your account so you can unsubscribe from that method of communication.
Any method of Marketing : You can contact our Customer Care team. Once you do this, we will update our records to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
If you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing messages it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so we would ask for your patience as you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Please note that opting out of marketing messages will not stop service communications, such as order updates, or where you have asked for a specific ‘back in stock’ notification.
We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
You may see FOUTONE banners and ads when you are on other websites and apps, such as Social Media. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges. We also use a range of advertising technologies.
The banners and ads you see are based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of FOUTONE (for example, your FOUTONE search history, and the content you read on FOUTONE) or on FOUTONE banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be a FOUTONE customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements across the globe.
If you no longer wish to be a customer you can contact our Customer Care team and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information, these are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. As a starting point, we have 30 days in which to respond to you. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
How do we use them?
- essential operations, like site navigation
- allowing you to add items to your shopping bag or to your Saved Items
- analyzing visitor numbers and behaviors, such as what pages are frequently visited
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which Affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyze how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you’re browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as h3>
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your device – just head to the help section of your browser. But don’t forget, if you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site or our service.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
Have any questions or feedback about this notice
Would like us to stop using your information
Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
n ° 82 Rue Cartier Bresson